Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mr. President Barack Obama



Like billions all over the world, I will never forget the 4th day of November of 2008! (Actually 5th morning for us in India.) Early morning my sister called up from Shanghai to Congratulate: "Didi, your Obama is Winning and you are sleeping?! ... This time "your" favorite has won, finally! ..." (She had "warned" me at the beginning of his campaign itself NOT to support him if I "really" wanted him to win; she had actually wanted to protect me from disappointments of unexpected - and unfair - results of elections.) ... At least amongst my family, friends and colleagues, it was "my" day of victory, too, and I reveled in the fervor around!

Like billions others, my tears were simply unstoppable while watching him deliver his victory speech - an extension of my overwhelming emotions since news of his Toots' demise just a day earlier. On 11/4 in 2008, my fear for his safety resurfaced gripping my mind and heart and I prayed to God to protect him always and not let him, too, fall prey to assassin's bullets like all world leaders in history, a scare which has stayed with me since listening to his landmark "Race in America" speech. May he live long - forever – and lead!

The simultaneous overwhelming feeling was to be "Barack" (Blessed!) enough to be witnessing a momentous moment of my lifetime, perhaps, and felt my regret of not being born in the times of Mahatma Gandhi gradually regress. ... It is very rare that a Body gets an extraordinary Soul. Barack Obama is that Special Creation of God! (Yada yada hi dharmasya glanir bhavati America ...?!)

Actually, America was reborn on the 4th November in 2008. (Time for Tom Cruise to get ready for a sequel: “Reborn on the 4th of November”!) Or, shall we say that in fact the seed of this rebirth was sown on the 4th of August in 1961 with his birth? (As the world got "Barack" - Blessed - on 8/4/61, shouldn't we celebrate 4th Aug as the "International Day of Blessings?!")

On 11/4/2008, he said: “Change has come to America!” We all know that, on 11/4/2008, Change came to the world as well! ...

Honestly, for the first time in my life, on 11/4 in 2008, I experienced an intense desire to become an American citizen and proclaim proudly: "Barack Obama is (going to be) my president, too!"

Happy Birthday, Mr. President :)

…………………………………….

Wish India and all countries had their own Barack Obama. The world would be a Barack – Blessed – abode for all!

2 comments:

  1. Wish, our sleepy Mr.Prime Minister can also learn some lessons from him !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Our PM's silence resembles that of a lamb's and that is unpardonable. He needs to act like one.

    ReplyDelete