Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You, All !

“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was "thank you," that would suffice,” said Meister Eckhart a few centuries ago. Today, on this Thanksgiving Day, I take a leaf out of his saying and “Thank” all those people who made – and make – me who I am.

In essence, at the core, I Thank God for His/Her Blessings for surrounding me with the most wonderful of people i.e. my parents, to start with. Though “Thanks” is a very mild expression of my strong feelings of gratitude and love and respect that I have for them, yet I say, “Thank You, Mummy and Papa!”

I “Thank” my sisters for being in my life as “true” friends, more than anything else!

I “Thank” my knowledgeable teachers for imparting the best of knowledge and values!

I “Thank” all my friends who came into my life at various stages and made my life worth living!

I “Thank” all my “foes” too who made me acquire enough strength and learn the ways to survive in this “big bad world”!

I “Thank” Mahatma Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, and all great historical and living figures in various fiields, authors, musicians, moviemakers, media, newspapers, sportspersons, and everybody and everything else for making my life enjoyable and comfortable!

Last, but not the least, I “Thank” my country for democracy and secularism that She has granted for my Free Life!

Thank You, All!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment